Welcome to Apache HBase™
Download Apache HBase™
Click here to download Apache HBase™.
When Would I Use Apache HBase?
Use Apache HBase™ when you need random, realtime read/write access to your Big Data. This project's goal is the hosting of very large tables -- billions of rows X millions of columns -- atop clusters of commodity hardware. Apache HBase is an open-source, distributed, versioned, non-relational database modeled after Google's Bigtable: A Distributed Storage System for Structured Data by Chang et al. Just as Bigtable leverages the distributed data storage provided by the Google File System, Apache HBase provides Bigtable-like capabilities on top of Hadoop and HDFS.
- Linear and modular scalability.
- Strictly consistent reads and writes.
- Automatic and configurable sharding of tables
- Automatic failover support between RegionServers.
- Convenient base classes for backing Hadoop MapReduce jobs with Apache HBase tables.
- Easy to use Java API for client access.
- Block cache and Bloom Filters for real-time queries.
- Query predicate push down via server side Filters
- Thrift gateway and a REST-ful Web service that supports XML, Protobuf, and binary data encoding options
- Extensible jruby-based (JIRB) shell
- Support for exporting metrics via the Hadoop metrics subsystem to files or Ganglia; or via JMX
Where Can I Get More Information?
The HBase distribution includes cryptographic software. See the export control notice here
June 25th, 2015 HBase Summer Meetup 2015 in Tokyo
May 7th, 2015 HBaseCon2015 in San Francisco
February 17th, 2015 HBase meetup around Strata+Hadoop World in San Jose
January 15th, 2015 HBase meetup @ AppDynamics in San Francisco
November 20th, 2014 HBase meetup @ WANdisco in San Ramon
October 27th, 2014 HBase Meetup @ Apple in Cupertino
October 15th, 2014 HBase Meetup @ Google on the night before Strata/HW in NYC
September 25th, 2014 HBase Meetup @ Continuuity in Palo Alto
August 28th, 2014 HBase Meetup @ Sift Science in San Francisco
July 17th, 2014 HBase Meetup @ HP in Sunnyvale
June 5th, 2014 HBase BOF at Hadoop Summit, San Jose Convention Center
May 5th, 2014 HBaseCon2014 at the Hilton San Francisco on Union Square
March 12th, 2014 HBase Meetup @ Ancestry.com in San Francisco